How to Build a beeping electronic practical joke
Watch as Kipkay from MAKE Magazine shows you how to make something really cool for the office, with parts from RadioShack. One of the original practical jokes is the gravity activated subwoofer simulator, or better known as the Whoopee Cushion. See how to make a high tech prank... the Joke-A-Tron. This electronic prank device will beep and beep to keep your enemies on their toes.
1. Grab the schematic and parts.
2. Get the products from RadioShack.
3. Lay out all the components on the IC board according to the schematic.
4. Solder the parts to the IC board starting with the 555 timer chips since all of the connections will be made to the 555 chips.
5. When laid out properly, you can solder most of the connections using the existing ends of the components.
6. For the components spread out too far apart to use the existing ends of the components, connect the parts with wire and proceed to solder.
7. Solder the piezo buzzer connections last.
8. Hide the Joke A Tron!
Materials from RadioShack:
12V Piezo Buzzer
(2) 555 Timers