Nowadays, protecting your valuables can be challenging especially when you're on the go. That's why I decided to make a little secret compartment inside my car. Only you'll know it's there because nobody will be able to find it. Not only that, but you'll have easy access to it. It's fairly cheap and the total cost was under $5.00. Let me show you how to make it. You can watch the video or scroll down below for the written guide.
- Ice Breakers mints container
- Mouse pad
- Double-sided tape or glue
The results may vary from car to car, but for the most part it should work on any car that has a cup holder in-between both front seats. For this instructable, I'll be using a 5th Gen Camaro.
Most cup holders have rubber coasters inside, if your car doesn't come with them, you can easily make one using a mouse pad.
- Get the measurements of the circumference of the cup holder.
- Draw a circle outline on the mouse pad.
- Cut out the circle.
- Empty out the Ice Breakers container.
- Place 2 pieces of double-sided tape on top (or glue).
- Put your valuables inside, such as money or keys.
- Lay down the mouse pad circle on top of the container, make sure it centered perfectly.
- Put inside the cup holder in your car.
Once you have your new secret compartment inside your cup holder, you can have a little piece of mind knowing that your money or SD cards are safely tucked away.
The Ice Breakers container is the perfect size for this project because it doesn't take up a lot of room so you are still able to use your cup holder normally.
You can easily grab something you have stored inside such as money by opening the flap/lid. It's very flexible and once you get what you need, simply snap it shut again.
Want to help support Gadget Hacks and get a great deal on some sweet new tech? Check out all the deals on the new Gadget Hacks Shop.