HowTo: Magical LED Tin Can Lantern
Instructables member mark-mark creates a beautiful effect with just a tin can lantern and an LED. It's as simple as it sounds: punch a decorative pattern into a tin can and insert your LED rig. Catch the impressive result here.
- Quart sized tin can with lid
- Printed out paper pattern or design
- Awl or Ice pick (smaller tips work the best)
- Wire for tin can handle (metal hanger or 16 gauge or type wire)
- LED light circuit with batteries for illumination
- Cotton towel (keeps can from rolling while punching holes)
- Freezer (prevents the tin can from denting during hole punching)
Click through for instructions.