Instructables member mark-mark creates a beautiful effect with just a tin can lantern and an LED. It's as simple as it sounds: punch a decorative pattern into a tin can and insert your LED rig. Catch the impressive result here.
- Quart sized tin can with lid
- Printed out paper pattern or design
- Awl or Ice pick (smaller tips work the best)
- Wire for tin can handle (metal hanger or 16 gauge or type wire)
- LED light circuit with batteries for illumination
- Cotton towel (keeps can from rolling while punching holes)
- Freezer (prevents the tin can from denting during hole punching)
Click through for instructions.
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out: