Recycle your hard drive into a hidden flash memory device that only you know how to turn on and use in secret. This DIY hack project allows you to recycle your broken hard drives back to life and turn them into something useful.
So far, this project has several functional uses:
- LED desktop lamp. You can turn it into a light source for studying or a monitor light.
- Penholder. Keep track of all of your pens on your desktop!
- Cell phone stand and charger. It can hold your mobile device and charge it via USB at the same time as soon as you connect the cable.
- Hidden flash drive. You can have an undetectable flash drive that the computer cannot see, unless you trigger the LDR sensor by a single LED flashlight. The flashlight generates a small signal on the LDR surface and that small signal is enough to BASE Biasing of the transistor to allow a significant current through the relay coil and turn on the positive DC source for the flash drive.
You can download the PDF map with details and calculations of this project is available for download here for free. If you have any questions, you can comment, message me, or email me at the address listed on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SAMIMYS.
Here's the schematic diagram of this project:
- Based on your Flash Memory Datasheet, find the current ratings and calculate all the circuit resistors based on your flash-memory,amount of LEDs,and type of your cellphone.
do not exceed the standard USB current ratings of your PC Mainboard. care about security,
put those security officers carefully there on the circuit, i mean the resistors.
your cellphone would get off while charged so you don't need a circuit breaker or regulator for that. just connect directly calculate the current.
there is a 2Kohm resistor variable in the circuit for controlling the LDR current, i forgot the zero, it is actually 20K ohm.
Notes about the schematic:
1.on the PDF, there is a Variable Resistor 2Kohms, i forgot the Zero, sorry, it is 20Kohms.
2.the DC source polarities for LED's mistakenly connected in reverse, please correct them on your own drafts.
sorry for that.
Start your career in Graphic Design with the Gadget Hacks Beginners’s Guide to Photoshop Course