Instructables user vmspionage demonstrates how to make a tiny bbq grill with an Altoids tin "powered by a standard-sized charcoal briquette and capable of cooking a full-size hot dog (cut down to size) or smaller hamburger patties with ease." Impressive design and execution.
- 1 Altoids sours tin
- 4x 1.5" sheet metal screws with wide heads (or 4x washers to match)
- 8x nuts to thread on screws
- 70mm metal computer fan guard (similar style to the one shown)
- 92mm metal computer fan guard (similar style to the one shown)*
- Dremel tool with cutting wheel
- Drill with bit slightly bigger than bolts
- Tin snips
- Pliers/Needle nose pliers
- Safety goggles and gloves
It's a lengthy process, but well worth it if you like to build things and cookout. Check out the full guide over on Instructables for step-by-step instructions with pictures.
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out: