How to Build a Mini Altoids BBQ
Instructables user vmspionage demonstrates how to make a tiny bbq grill with an Altoids tin "powered by a standard-sized charcoal briquette and capable of cooking a full-size hot dog (cut down to size) or smaller hamburger patties with ease." Impressive design and execution.
- 1 Altoids sours tin
- 4x 1.5" sheet metal screws with wide heads (or 4x washers to match)
- 8x nuts to thread on screws
- 70mm metal computer fan guard (similar style to the one shown)
- 92mm metal computer fan guard (similar style to the one shown)*
- Dremel tool with cutting wheel
- Drill with bit slightly bigger than bolts
- Tin snips
- Pliers/Needle nose pliers
- Safety goggles and gloves
It's a lengthy process, but well worth it if you like to build things and cookout. Check out the full guide over on Instructables for step-by-step instructions with pictures.